Top Ten Tuesday is an original weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. They like lists over there, and what's more fun than lists about books?
Up for discussion this week is….
Top Ten Bookish People You Want to Meet
1. I’ve been dying to meet Sarah Dessen since I first picked up The Truth About Forever in high school. Her books introduced me to YA fiction, and I’m pretty sure if I did meet her, I’d have one of those moments where I stumbled over my words and couldn’t find anything to say.
2. This one is a triplet because I’d love to meet all three authors equally: Karen Hesse, Katherine Paterson, and Gail Carson Levine. I can’t even tell you how many of their books are on my shelves and in my future classroom because their writing was so integral to my growing up.
3. Next up would be Ally Condie. Before I fell deep into the world of dystopia, I picked up Matched. It was love at first read without any sort of data matching involved. I’m so excited for the final installment to be released this fall, and I’d just love to pick her brain about the story!
4. Ally Carter is another author who I’d love to have a brain chat with. I love-love-love heist/spy stories, and both of her series are just wonderful. I want to know if she was a thief in her past life, or if she just comes up with those crazy cons out of the blue!
5. When someone has such a hilarious writing voice as Libba Bray does, how could I not want to meet her? I think I would walk away with my laughs for the year. Plus, I’m a million times excited for the release of The Diviners today!
7. I know this is probably on everybody’s list, but I’m not about to forget J.K. Rowling. I mean… do I even have to explain why?
8. Since my heart also belongs to the classics, if I could travel back in time, I would love to meet Jane Austen. I think she was just as witty in person as she is on the page, and I know we could banter back and forth quite well.
9. And because I’ve been dying to meet her since I was a kid… if I could bring any character to life and live one of her adventures, I’d travel with Nancy Drew.
10. Finally, for an added bonus, here are a few bloggers I would love to meet up with!
Amelia over at The Authoress, Jamie B. over at The Perpetual Page-Turner, and Anna at Anna Reads. They just seem like super awesome ladies, and I bet I could talk for days with them about books!
Let’s just all pretend that was ten…. What can I say? I’m new to the book blogging world, and I’ve got a LOT of people to meet!
Who’s on your top ten?
Hopeful reading everyone!