This is how far behind I’ve fallen on my reviews guys. I received today’s story month’s and month’s ago, read it, and didn’t have the place to write about it.
And I hate that I’ve waited so long because today’s story is simply fabulous!
Thanks to Egmont for the great read!
I was provided a copy of this book from Egmont. I was not compensated in any way for my review (cross my heart) nor did I promise a good rating. All thoughts and opinions expressed in this review are 100% mine.
In the second installment of Fisher’s crazy clone world, trouble, mischief, and evil scientists are back! This time though, he’s headed to Hollywood to retrieve Two, who after surviving a horrific explosion, headed to the Hills to finish out the mission.
A timely school field trip to the new Dr. Devilish show set allows Fisher and his newly appointed partner in crime Amanda, time to search for Two. Add in one flying pig, the return of an evil mastermind, and a new reality show, and all sorts of complications are bound to arise!
5 Reasons Why This Book is Marvelous!
- Once again, Castle is back with some great humor. After Popular Clone, I was curious if Fisher, Two , and FP could get into any more laughter inducing trouble. But they did–oh they did! In the laughter department, there’s so much to say about this story! But I can’t give away the scenes or jokes! I can tell you though that it’s humor kids will definitely get,enjoy, and be laughing at for days.
- All that trouble these boys get in?! Well, the great part this time around is there just happens to be a bit more girl heroine! Amanda Cantrall, who we met in the first book, plays a much bigger part in this story. Sometimes she’s the voice of reason, sometimes she’s saving the day, but most times she walking along beside Fisher helping him along the adventure. I love how this story could most definitely be called a boy’s books, but at the same time there are characteristics girls will enjoy as well!
- Oh my–I think I’m starting to fall in love with this whole sciency-themed MG stories. And for someone who HATES science, that’s big of me to say. Honestly though, that’s just a testament to the power of books. We can pick up something and think, eh–I’m not going to like this and the next thing you know you’re immersed in it and can’t put it down. There’s not as much science this time around (after all Fisher is off looking for Two!) but, we still get lots of glimpses as all of his crazy inventions! (Reason 3.5: I LOVE all of the doodles and drawings of inventions in each chapter. It’s so fun to see Fisher’s thoughts out on paper and try to understand how his creative mind works! I’d definitely want some of these tools in real life!)
- There’s an air of mystery to this story. Something about Two is secretive, there’s this crazy Dr. Devilish who is a T.V personality but makes you wonder, and then–there’s a hidden bad guy in the background. We eventually find out who it is but throughout the story we’re left wondering who’s coming next and what’s around the corner. I absolutely love how there’s mystery but not quite hardcore mystery involved. It kept me on my toes!
- Finally, FP is back! I have fallen desperately in love with this little flying pig. He is so funny, and honestly, I feel like he steals the show at some points. Which–wait until you read it because you will see how much he steals the show! I just imagine he’s this little pink, super cuddly cute guy and he makes me smile every time he makes an appearance.
A great read everyone! If you want a laughter induced afternoon, this is the story to pick up!
Book Talk: Did you get a chance to read Popular Clone? Are you excited for more of Fisher’s adventures? What do you think it going to happen to Two?