I’m not big on change. Trust–after this year (two moves and lots of other unexpected things…) I am all for comfort. But, I realized this past weekend that I slipped out of my comfort zone this weekend and ventured into the realm of unknown authors.
Or, at least unknown to me.
And you know—it hasn’t been all that bad. In fact, I found a few new authors I just might start fangirling over. Here are my picks for this week (in no particular order):
Top Ten New to me Authors I read in 2013
Authors featured (link is to review)
10. Soman Chainani: The School for Good and Evil
9. Anne Ursu: Breadcrumbs & The Real Boy
8. Shannon Messenger: Keeper of the Lost Cities & Exhile
7. Marissa Meyer: Cinder
6. Jaclyn Moriarty: A Corner of White
5. Morgan Matson: Second Chance Summer
4. David Levithan: Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares
3. Robin Benway: Also Known As & The Extraordinary Life of April, May, and June
2. Orson Scott Card: Ender’s Game
1. Lloyd Alexander: The Book of Three
Book Talk: Who are some new authors you read this year? Anyone you would recommend?
Hopeful reading friends!